Juntti: The ‘F’ Word

Hand_on_BibleNovember 26, 2016 ~ I am so sick and tired of reading and hearing the **F** word – it matters not what web site – what station – what person is having a conversation – the **F** word is used as if it is *and* – *the*- *hello* – rather than the super offensive word it is. To hear those we are supposed to look up to – those we are supposed to respect – use this word and then to read this word in BOLD **** HEADLINE**** with !!!! and ______ marks – I have to ask, what has this country come to? This is the result of the watered down education – the failure to teach manners – the failure to teach it is wrong to be OFFENSIVE in the things we say or do and the words we choose to use over decent and acceptable words. Why is it that even Trump finds it acceptable to choose the *F* word to express himself? He certainly knows it is a horribly offensive word so why use it.

To each and every one of you that find it part of your vocabulary – I no longer have ANY respect for you or what you say or write. It was bad enough when using the Lord’s name as a form of cursing was so common among those who ignored the warning to NOT use the name of the Lord in vain. But now the total disrespect of all within hearing distance is out of control. It is really disgusting to read or hear those who claim to be Christians use these gutter words.

Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. Deut.5:11

I wish I could wave a wand and have a stinging distasteful liquid fill the mouth and pen of those who use the word. We hear a lot about HATE SPEECH but silence (consent) about the use of the *F* word.

It has always been a word that was/is so offensive to me – it hits me just as the use of the name of my Lord, Jesus Christ, to be used as a swear word. I am sure that I am not alone in my dislike of even hearing this word, spoken or written.

When this REALLY got to me was during this election and I saw and heard young children in these ‘protests’ carrying signs with the word in large bold letters and then hearing them shout the *F* word out loud at the camera’s.

I remember when I was young that any child who said any kind of *bad* word got their mouth washed out with soap. Pity on those whose mothers made the old Granny’s lye soap. That stuff was used to clean everything and it did a super job. My mother made that old lye soap as that was all we could afford – and, yes, I got a taste of it a couple times in my early years.

I would love to be able to wash out the mouths of all those supposedly *honorable* people who sit in government offices, and those in the media, being *examples* to the nation… especially our youth.

We hear Donald Trump repeat over and over “Make America Great Again”. If any of you have access to the Trump organization – please send them a message to start with themselves and to flush the *F* word down the toilet and never speak it again. LEAD by EXAMPLE!!!!!. What does the *F* word have to do with being *great*?

How many of you parents want to hear your little kids run around saying the *F* word – do you think it is cute and can’t wait to hear them repeat it over and over???

Believe me – the list of folks I want to hear or have conversation with is growing smaller and smaller – and it is due to their total disrespect for those of us who find the *F* word to be most offensive. You are no better than those pictures of the ILLEGALS who wave their penis at others – it is meant to disrespect – just as the *F* word is.

THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK OR WRITE — it won’t hurt – it might cause you to search for an acceptable word to express your thoughts but you may gain a little respect from others if you do so. Just because others don’t say anything does not mean they appreciate you using the *F* word …. they just are nervous about saying anything that might *offend* you. My position is that if you don’t care that you offend me with your words then I won’t care if my telling you to find another acceptable word offends you.

Stop littering and polluting the air with your garbage words. Curse words do not increase your intellect or your character – but cursing does gain the disrespect from others. Change your language to ENGLISH instead of SATANIC BILGE.

~ The Author ~
Jackie Juntti (Granny) has been a daily reader and frequent contributor the family of Kettle Moraine Publications websites for many years. She can be reached for comment at idzrus@earthlink.net.

11 thoughts on “Juntti: The ‘F’ Word

1. Darkwing

The article started out good, then you quoted from that great work of fiction, the bible. There is a time and a place for everything, freedom of speech, if you do not like it, walk away or do not read the article. BTW: I have substituted the “F” word with the FRELL word

1. Jackie Juntti

Proverbs 21:23 – Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.

Ephesians 4:29 – Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Proverbs 15:1 – A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

James 3:2-10 – For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same [is] a perfect man, [and] able also to bridle the whole body. (Read More…)

Proverbs 12:18 – There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise [is] health.

Psalms 141:3 – Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.

Psalms 34:13 – Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.

James 1:26 – If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man’s religion [is] vain.

Proverbs 17:28 – Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: [and] he that shutteth his lips [is esteemed] a man of understanding.

1 Peter 3:10 – For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:

Proverbs 18:21 – Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Proverbs 15:4 – A wholesome tongue [is] a tree of life: but perverseness therein [is] a breach in the spirit.

Matthew 12:33-37 – Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by [his] fruit. (Read More…)

James 3:10 – Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

Matthew 15:11 – Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Titus 3:2 – To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, [but] gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

Proverbs 10:19 – In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips [is] wise.

Psalms 52:2 – Thy tongue deviseth mischiefs; like a sharp razor, working deceitfully.

1. The Publisher Post author

Granny – you’ll note that Darkwing’s comment is over two years old. He has not been to the site in quite sometime. I made it clear that he was not welcome.

2. Neal

I try not to use that word but am guilty of using it from time to time and have been chastised for it. However, the First Amendment guarantees each of us the freedom of speech and as much as the things anyone says offend someone else, you cannot demand that they stop using words that offend you.

Much of what I hear people say offends me; the lies, the double standards; the hypocrisy, but as much as these things offend me I will fight to the death their RIGHT to speak what is on their mind.

3. SamAdams

Guilty as charged … I too have had attacks of “potty Mouth”.

There are times when one is just caught up in the moment, or the passion of a subject and we manifest our outrage in vulgar outburst. My thinking is, if you can’t slap someone physically “upside the head” perhaps a vulgar slap to the ear might suffice. Though in current society the effect is minimized primarily because the condition of trash mouth has become so common and widespread.

I am a big fan of freedom, history, philosophy and the written and spoken word.
    Words really do matter. From giving us the ability to convey and share the most basic ideas, to painting a
    beautiful and moving mental picture. In the case of great literature entire worlds and a slice of life in them
    have been shared. They provide us a “window” into the life and experiences of the author.

I don’t wish to go on at great length regarding this topic, and surely I could. The basic thought may be that
    just because you can, does not always mean that you should. Like so many other aspects of our “free” society our daily language has devolved. We have adopted a tendency to take the low road rather than
    to extend the effort required to maintain ourselves on the higher path.
    In as much as our words may tell about the world, they also make a statement about the speaker.
    Your words offer your perception of the world, likewise they affect the worlds perception of you.
    They offer a reflection of you the author. Perhaps as much as the position you hold, the car you drive, the
    house you live in or the neighborhood, even the clothes you wear.

In short, your words and how you use them can say as much, or more, about you than you have to say
    about the topic at hand. They are a tool … they should be chosen wisely and applied to best effect.

Hopefully, some among you get the idea here. Give Granny a break.
    She is just trying to plant a few flowers and bring some beauty and color back to this junkyard we
    have created with our common phrases.

“Nuff Said …

4. SamAdams

Can anyone explain how the “editing” software here does such a butcher job on formatting the text of these comments ??? Things look fine until you post the comment, then suddenly its all a mess.

5. Redhead Trish

Following some research – It appears the Scot started it! Per an article – http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4784565

The coded poem mentioned above from 1475 called Fleas, Flies and Friars in which ‘fucking’ appears as follows:

Non sunt in celi

quia gxddbov xxkxzt pg ifmk

Which, decoded reads: ‘fuccant uuiuys of heli’

‘They [the friars] are not in Heaven because they fuck (the) women of Ely’ (which might be interpreted as a pun on ‘Hell’).

The following are the earliest citations in the OED:

1513 — W. Dunbar Poems, Scottish, ‘Be his feirris he wald haue fukkit‘.

The Fucking Abbot (1528) isn’t even the earliest citation that’s widely talked about, predated by ten years by Dunbar, which the link discounts as not being in English, despite appearing in the Oxford English Dictionary.

[THE FUCKING ABBOT COMES HERE IN THE CHRONOLOGY]

1663 — Richard Head, Hic et Ubique: or, The Humors of Dublin. A comedy, ‘I did creep in..and there I did see putting [sic] the great fuck upon my weef.’ I’ve included this even though it’s quite late because I really like saying ‘the great fuck upon my weef.’ And because it’s written by a man called Richard Head. RICHARD. HEAD.

And in 1680 by John Wilmot, 2nd Earl of Rochester in a book of what sounds like LOVELY poems: ‘Thus was I Rook’d of Twelve substantial Fucks‘.

6. Neal

I think this all started when I sent Jeff something awhile back about some protesters waving the Mexican flag saying Trump was not their president and then the comment said, Because you’re in the wrong F*cking country. I didn’t make that image, just shared it. I could have edited it I suppose, but didn’t think much of it and sent it as I found it. That’s when I first saw comments regarding the use of the F word.

So it would seem this whole mess if my fault. I do apologize for starting all this. but sometimes the use of that word, no matter how vulgar, does add the needed emphasis to express my anger at people for their ignorance, their apathy and their complacency. I don’t use it frequently, but when I do you know I’m pretty upset about something.

7. The Publisher Post author

This has been an interesting journey with this particular column.

I got into massive arguments with one reader who frankly had become a total P.I.T.A. She would scream at me for not posting on this site what SHE wanted to read – and never stopped ragging at me about this column and everything that it stood for. I relegated her emails to JUNK status and she demanded that I remove all of her comments on this site – which I was more than happy to do.

NOTE & WARNING to the Offender: And if she starts her attacks again – I WILL publish her name and email address so that you can all bombard her with whatever you wish to say to her. In addition, she will be reported to the powers that be for violations of these requirements. Don’t come to this site, don’t read what is published – and do NOT even try to leave a comment on anyone’s columns. You are a miserable old bat…

8. Mark

I curse a lot as well…but I blame it on my family…I mean everyone in my family had a shot of bourbon in one hand, a beer in the other…an unfiltered cigarette danging from the corner of their mouth…and a string of curses tumbling out…and that was just the women!